The chances are that you might be searching high and low for the best pole saw. After all, it’s not an easy feat to find one without putting a whole lot of research behind it.
For your shopping convenience, we will review the top five pole saws in the market. And, we will throw in some handy shopping tips as well.
Spoiler Alert: In our view, the best option would be the Oregon Cordless PS250 8-Inch 40V Telescoping Pole Saw. This pole saw is a cut above the rest.
BEST POLE SAWS 2020
BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX POLE SAW:
Are you looking for a tool to trim trees in your backyard without spending a fortune? Well, your prayers for an affordable and work-efficient pole saw has been answered. This BLACK+DECKER saw is powerful enough to help you to complete most home projects without any fuss. And, this thing won’t cost you half your paycheck.
Better still, the saw is lightweight and easy to operate as well. Not to mention that the 14-feet height will allow you to effortlessly reach high tree branches too. So, you won’t have to climb high and risk an injury. This pole saw can prove to be a great investment for a small yard that doesn’t require an overly powerful or expensive cutting tool.
As advertised, the saw can cut branches as large as 6-inches diameter within seconds. The best part is that it can cut a lot of wood at once because the motor on this thing provides constant torque.
Moreover, the battery life of this best pole saw is plentifully adequate. You can easily get a hundred cuts out of a fully charged battery. The fact that it’s a cordless device is another huge bonus by itself because you won’t have to drag a cord around. As you can tell, this pole saw checks out well in all areas of use. You will wonder; why you didn’t get this power tool earlier.
- Given its light frame and compact design, you won’t need a lot of arm strength to handle this pole saw.
- When you evaluable the noise level of this device, you will find it remarkably quiet compared to other brands.
- For storage convenience, this thing can be broken down into three pieces. A storage bag is included as well.
- This pole saw has received over a thousand positive reviews. Most users claim that it’s a true winner.
- The product stays under warranty for two years, which is pretty splendid. The tool is repairable as well.
- An oil bottle is also included, which will help you keep the tool in top shape.
- This tool will definitely save you some money by allowing you complete a lot of home projects without hiring someone.
- Don’t expect to use this saw in a commercial environment. That said, it’s highly .
- Easy to handle.
- Remarkably quiet.
- A storage bag is included.
- 2 year warranty.
- Oil bottle included.
- Only suitable for home projects.
WORX WG309 8 AMP 10″ 2-IN-1 ELECTRIC POLE SAW & CHAINSAW
The WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw is an excellent tool for small and medium scale home projects. As the product title hints; it’s a two-in-one device packed into one. You can use this device to not only cut objects above you like tree branches, but also to cut things on the ground. The best part is that you can easily transition from a pole saw to a chainsaw and vice-versa.
Keep in mind that this thing can stretch up to ten feet, allowing you to easily trim even those hard to reach branches that normally stay out of your reach. Basically, this product is very thoughtfully designed, allowing you to get the most use out of a tool of this nature.
Unlike other saws in this price range, the kickback is almost negligible. Better still, the saw operates quietly without any vibration. Even when fully extended, it stays remarkably sturdy, making it easier than usual to trim branches that are out of your arm’s reach.
Also, this thing can easily hold up to long hours of cutting jobs without any fuss. The pole, by itself, is made of very high-quality material, and the trigger on this thing is highly responsive. Seriously, you will have a hard time imagining how a product of this quality was developed by Chinese engineers.
- The device houses an eight-amp motor, and it has a 120-ml oil tank capacity, which is pretty good.
- Also, the pole has good size, balance, and power to it. It’s highly adjustable too.
- The auto-tension mechanism on this unit works truly well. So, you won’t have to constantly adjust the tool.
- It’s easy to assemble and disassemble this saw. Furthermore, it’s a breeze the saw.
- As advertised, this best pole saw is easy to operate. Also, the included instructions are easy to understand.
- The chain oil reservoir doesn’t leak like you often see in a power tool of this nature.
- If used within limits, the saw can serve you wonderfully for many years to come.
- The saw doesn’t come with a bottle of chain oil, which is needed to operate the tool.
- At its fullest length, it will turn a bit heavy. But then, it’s not too difficult to maneuver.
- Has good size, balance, and power to it.
- Great auto-tension mechanism.
- Easy to operate.
- Very lasting.
- Doesn’t come with a bottle of chain oil.
- A little heavy.
SUN JOE 20VIONLTE-PS8 8-INCH 2.0-AMP 20-VOLT CORDLESS TELESCOPING POLE CHAIN SAW
This is a pretty basic model that delivers a reasonably good performance without costing you an arm and a leg. It’s a great device for those who own a small yard. To begin with; this pole saw is pretty light and easy to handle. You can work with it for long hours and not tire your arms in the process.
It also features a telescopic handle that can easily extend up to nine feet. Even at the lowest setting, the tool has a reach of five feet. With a fairly generous cutting capacity of 7.5-inches, this tool also packs up a good performance punch.
The company behind this pole saw specializing in developing innovative and world-class outdoor tools that contributes to make people’s outdoor chores easier than usual. Gladly enough, this pole chain saw lives up to the brand’s name.
As marketed, it’s a solid product for cutting overgrown trees in your backyard to the desired length. Unlike gas-operated saws, this one makes use of a highly advanced EcoSharp lithium-ion battery to deliver a vibration-free and whisper-quiet performance like nobody’s business. Therefore, this pole saw is totally worth a shot at its price point.
- The Sun Joe pole saw weighs less than ten pounds, which is pretty light for something of this nature.
- Since the pole saw doesn’t weigh a lot like other brands, your arms and shoulders will definitely thank you.
- Once fully extended, you will get up to fifteen feet of overhead reach.
- Unlike others, the saw maintains good torque for the active cutting time.
- The length of the blade makes it easy to perform cuts even at odd angles.
- It’s also easy to assemble this best pole saw. Better still, all the fittings stay secure during use.
- The product is ETL approved, and it comes with a two-year warranty.
- The saw has received fairly less negative feedbacks. You can’t go wrong with it for home use.
- You won’t get the same level of power as that of a gas-operated unit.
- You get less than half of hour of use from each charge. So, there’s room for improvement in this area of use.
- Light weight.
- Get up to fifteen feet of overhead reach.
- Easy to perform cuts even at odd angles.
- Easy to assemble.
- ETL approved.
- Has to charge battery frequently.
REMINGTON RM1025SPS RANGER 8-AMP ELECTRIC 2-IN-1 POLE SAW & CHAINSAW
As the product title hints, the Remington RM1025SPS device has a 2-in-1 functionality to it. It can be used to trim tree branches, bushes, and things along the same lines. Plus, the front of the tool can be detached to use the device as a chainsaw to cut branches that have landed on the ground.
Despite the double functionality, it’s not overly heavy like other similar devices. The product also has a long reach of 10-feet to easily reach high branches. With extended arms, the pole can cut limbs up to 15-feet high.
This is an electric-powered pole saw cum chainsaw. The included 8-amp motor powers the unit to perform like a champ with almost non-existent kickback. Also, it has an adjustable telescopic design to it, allowing users to adjust the length of the pole on the go without any difficulty.
Better still, the pole features non-slippery grip for added comfort and stability during use. Additionally, the saw doesn’t make a loud noise during operation. And, it cuts very well, exactly as marketed by the company. Frankly speaking, everything about this best pole saw is right on the money.
- The Remington RM1025SPS is surprisingly very light for a cutting device of its nature.
- The operation part is very simple. You simply have to hold the little trigger. And, off it will run.
- It’s easy to use even at the extended length. Plus, it cuts well for long.
- The price of the product is in line with other corded models that you will find around.
- The tension on the blade can be adjusted depending on the task in hand.
- Even if it breaks within a month’s time, you will get your money’s worth from the product.
- This pole saw may clog on rare instances, if you were to cut fiber materials with it.
- Very light.
- Very simple to use.
- Cuts well for long hours.
- Reasonably priced.
- Great support.
- May clog on rare instances.
OREGON CORDLESS PS250 8-INCH 40V TELESCOPING POLE SAW
If you have the budget for a high-end pole saw, feel free to add the Oregon Cordless PS250 8-Inch 40V Telescoping Pole Saw to your shopping cart. Although expensive, this best pole saw has no close competition in its niche.
It truly is several notches better than its rivals. This thing can be used to maintained acres and acres of tree-filled lands, where other pole saws may fail. Seriously, nothing can prove to be a big challenge for this well-made telescoping pole saw. It’s built to handle both home and commercial projects without any issues.
This cordless and battery-operated saw has the power of a gas saw. Yet, it’s surprisingly very light, quiet, and vibration-less. Plus, it doesn’t give starting problems like other battery-operated saws out there. Better still, this thing extends up to 15-feet to easily reach faraway branches without any difficulty.
The power it has is truly amazing. Given its power and efficiency, you might seriously refuse to touch any other pole saw other than this one. It delivers a solid performance even when you extend it all the way. If you can afford it, it’s 100% worth the investment.
- The pole saw is extremely well-designed, easy to power, powerful, and reliable, all at the same time.
- Construction-wise, it’s built almost like a brick house. It will surely last long.
- The runtime of this device is also crazily long. Moreover, the battery can be charged 1000 plus times.
- Better still, it runs smoothly even when the battery is running low.
- This thing can be used by a professional yard man too. It’s a solid tool built for heavy-duty use.
- Because of its asking price, this cordless pole saw is not suitable for all the budget saw shoppers out there.
- Very solid product, will last very long.
- Long run time.
- Built for heavy-duty use.
- Fairly expensive.
HOW TO BUY THE BEST POLE SAW?
|BLACK+DECKER POLE SAW||WORX WG309 POLE SAW||SUN JOE POLE SAW||REMINGTON POLE SAW||OREGON POLE SAW|
|Max Cutting Diameter: 6 Inches||Max Cutting Diameter: 8 Inches||Max Cutting Diameter: 8 Inches||Max Cutting Diameter: 6 Inches||Max Cutting Diameter: 7 Inches|
|Max Overhead Reach: 14 Feet||Max Overhead Reach: 10 Feet||Max Overhead Reach: 15 Feet||Max Overhead Reach: 15 Feet||Max Overhead Reach: 15 Feet|
|Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 44 Inches||Dimensions: 8 x 9 x 42 Inches||Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 71 Inches||Dimensions: 8 x 9 x 40 Inches||Dimensions: 4 x 5 x 75 Inches|
|Item Weight: 9 Pounds||Item Weight: 10 Pounds||Item Weight: 8 Pounds||Item Weight: 12 Pounds||Item Weight: 13 Pounds|
|CHECK PRICE >>>||CHECK PRICE >>>||CHECK PRICE >>>||CHECK PRICE >>>||CHECK PRICE >>>|
Since you have seen the top picks in the above list of 5 best pole saw, let’s get now into features that make a pole saw better.
There’s a lot to take into consideration when shopping for the best pole saw. Let’s take a look at some of the important shopping factors.
Generally speaking, gas-powered pole saws are more powerful than battery-operated pole saws. Therefore, gas-powered units are more suitable for heavy-duty projects. On the other hand, battery-operated saws are highly suitable for medium and light projects that need more convenience as opposed to more power.
Keep in mind that some of the good battery-operated pole saws can match the power of a gas-powered unit. Not to mention that they are cheaper than gas-powered units.
The advertised reach of the pole saw indicates how high you can cut with the tool. Obviously, most shoppers prefer high reach so that they can trim hard to reach branches from the ground itself without any difficulty.
Over here, don’t simply go by the advertised maximum reach of the product. Usually, the product manufacturers arrive at this number based on a user’s height. So, users of short stature will not get the advertised reach. Therefore, your best bet would be to read the product description carefully to check the maximum extension level of the best pole saw.
As you might already know, pole saws come in different price range. If you are looking for a durable and high-powered saw, then don’t be stringent on your budget.
For high-powered units, be prepared to spend a little more than usual. If you will be using the unit less frequently, then you can actually afford to get a less durable unit. It won’t hurt your budget. At the same time, you will get the desired use out of it. Since you won’t be using the tool a lot, it will last you for a long time too.
Pay attention to the weight of the pole saw as well. Heavier models weigh upwards of 20 pounds. And, lighter saws weigh around 10 pounds. As you can tell, the weight difference is almost double. If you an older guy or someone with weak arms, stick with a lightweight pole saw.
A lighter saw will help you work for long hours at a stretch without tiring your arms. Basically, you will find it easier to handle. Generally speaking, cordless pole saws weigh less than the gas-powered models.
A power tool of this nature is subject to a lot of wear and tear. From motor failure to weak parts falling apart, a ton of things can go wrong too. If you get a product from a generic brand with no warranty, you risk your entire product investment.
If you get a pole saw from a good brand that offers a warranty on the product, your investment will be protected. In case of an unfortunate event, you can always request a refund or replacement. Even if there’s no warranty, stick with good brands. Brands value their reputation more than anything else. Therefore, they won’t manufacture a substandard product to save a few bucks here and there.
#6. WORD OF ADVICE
The working height, weight, and power of the pole saw will determine the level of control you will have during work. If the tool weighs and vibrates a lot, it will wear you down faster than usual. So, get a high-powered unit only if it’s a necessity.
After all, you won’t want a bulky unit when you can get the job done with a light and less-powerful battery-operated saw. Also, if you have no use of a 15-feet working height, then don’t go for it. Stick with a lower working height model, if it can get the job done for you without any additional mass to it.
Hopefully, you must have made your choice for the best pole saw. Do share your queries/questions/suggestions through the comment section below to raise more awareness on this topic.